Thursday, November 1, 2007

Ben and Sue Day 57

Thursday, November 1, 2007, Day 57

. . . We're on the home stretch -- yea!!  We stayed a second night in Eureka California and  spent the day today viewing/exploring the California Redwoods.  Oh my goodness they are tall -- I think I remember reading the tallest one was 360 feet.  To give you an idea of how large in diameter  they are:  Both Ben and I stretched out our arms and stood fingertip to fingertip around the base of the tree.  It took both of us three times  to go completely around.

It's getting cold these past couple of mornings -- only reached 53 degrees all day today. 

Very close to where we are camping -- in fact within walking distance is a thrift store with the sign reading:  50 percent off everything in the store.   So of course we went in to browse around a bit.  This man had some really really old stuff -- good thing we are needing to be home soon.  We did buy one table -- not a very big one and then one shelf with a heart carved into it.  Oh my goodness you should see our truck and our 5th wheel -- yikes -- it's going to take me a month of Sundays just to clean everything out and put everything away.  When you hear the new message I am going to put on our answering machine you will surely understand!        

Sue     

No comments: