Friday, September 21, 2007

Ben and Sue Day 1

Well, well well, I do believe I am finally hooked up to the Internet.  Imagine that. Praise the Lord!

DAY 1

After only 5 1/2 hours sleep and a marathon day that included a trip to Seattle for chemotherapy, 3 stops/errands in Monroe, and a return trip to Monroe for truck registration we finally pulled out of Sultan at 4PM.  Warm sunny weather with huge culumus cloouds -- so white and beautiful -- accompanied us on our journey.  We drove Highway 2 East and spent the evening a in KOA campground just east of Leaenworth.  Ben and I did not talk much during the drive -- my mind was fileld with the hope that all would be well for the next two months with our home, our animals, our friends and family.  Also with the wonder and excitment of our journey.  After getting settled into the campsite and enjoying a bit of supper I attempted to use wireless internet which the camp people told me was available.  They told me I needed to get connected to Internet Explorer and find KOA and search for JUNO and my account.  After several frustrating tries and failures I gave it up hoping for more success today.  As we drove to Leavenworth I noticed that the Snoqualmie River -- usually bursting with fast flowing water and rapids was nearly dry in many places -- no rapids at all.  I enjoyed reading the signs of places along the way -- country names:  White Pines Road, Cascase Meadows, Sunland Drive.  We crossed the Cascade Mountains today through Stevens Pass.

Love, Ben and Sue

No comments: