Friday, September 21, 2007

Ben and Sue Day 3

DAY 3, Sunday, September 9, 2007

. . . A first experience for me -- yet another day of sunshine!  I can't ever remember waking up to sunshine 3 days in a row.  We slept in a bit today and mosied to Priest River Community Church at 10AM.  We had no idea what kind of church it was, but it was the only one we could find along the main road last evening.   It was filled with friendly people -- several greeted us.  People there really knew how to worship the Lord!  Lots of hand clapping and hands raising in worship.  Someone there told us the church sing was being re-made as they used to be called Priest River Congregational Church but "decided to follow the Bible and be a church led by elders/deacons."  Hmmmmm . . . .If we ever can really hook up to Internet I hope to research why he said that.

. . . Anyway, . . .we really enjoyed and learned about forgiveness there.  Afterwards it was of to the Village Kitchen for lunch.  Since I know Idaho is famous for its potatoes I hoped there was potato ___________ on the menu but there was no real potato food.  Was pleasant as we sat outside on the patio.

. . . After lunch we drove 26 miles to Priest Lake.  It was a lovely drive and the lake itself huge -- several people boating.  It was at a General Store that had a sign "wireless Internet"  that we made our second attempt at E-mail.  I'll spare you all the absolutely ridiculous details -- suffice it to say I felt like MA Kettle on Broadway.   I cannot even figure out about the high dollar wireless mouse we bought.   I've asked Ben several times about the mouse  and every time I ask he seems to give me a different answer.  Today he said we had to use our finger and I didn't go any further with my questions although I thought  a wireless mouse was supposed to be for a wireless connection -- a connection when I'm not plugged into a phone line.  Listen to me for some sound advice:  one way to make a cross country trip more pleasant is to know when to stop asking questions!   Oh dear!  So I just pretended it had not gotten the best of me and sang la la la songs in my head!

. . .Despite the little bump with the Internet connection we really are having an awesome, fun, relaxing time.  I love and appreciate Ben for doing all the driving . . . -- lots of responsibility pulling a huge trailer.  God has been good to keep us both healthy and in good spirits.  Lots of blessings -- like for example we remembered Ben's medicine but forgot the card that lists the amounts and time of day or night he is supposed to take them.  But he had a couple of days still prepared so we were able to look at each pill in the medicine box and match it up with the pills in the bottles and we got it all figured out.

. . .This morning we were standing outside the restaurant deciding which of  3 Sunday papers to choose from.  Just then the newspaper deliverer came by and gave us a free paper because he said he was late in delivering them.

. . .Crickets -- Idaho must have more crickets than anywhere I have ever been.  I enjoy their chirping noise  and their wings seemed to be such bright colors -- yellow and another one was fiery red/orange.

God bless, Ben and Sue

No comments: