Friday, September 21, 2007

Ben and Sue Day 4

DAY 4, Monday, September 10, 2007

We traveled today from Priest River, Idaho to Butte, Montana -- an 8 1/2 drive thru scenic mountains, rivers, lakes, with a gorgeous blue sky and  warm sunny weather.  I wondered how anyone could ever be discouraged or depressed living here.  I  am sure if I lived here and felt discouraged I would just go outside and rub  this delicious sunshine on my arms  and face and I would be happy once again!

. . .It will be difficult to listen to anyone who seriously talks to me about over populating the earth again.  We drove for 8 1/2 hours -- hundreds and hundreds of miles -- except for a few tiny settlements and two small towns -- the land is completely uninhabited.  Hundreds of miles of land -- nearly completely empty of houses/people.

. . . Huckleberries seem to be all the fad here and I mentioned to Ben that I would like to have a piece of huckleberry pie.  But after lunch I was too fun for pie.  So while I went to the ladies room Ben bought me a piece to go -- what a sweetie huh?  Was delicious -- quite sweet -- more so than blueberries.

. . . The speed limit through Montana is 75 MPH.  I don't need to tell you how much Ben enjoyed that!  There we were -- driving along mile after mile -- beautiful blue sky above -- shimmering lake below -- the road nearly empty of any cars -- both of us together with the one we love the most -- not a care in the world -- ah lovely!

. . .Not an adventurous day really -- rather quiet.  Hoping to make it to Yellowstone, Wyoming tomorrow. 

No comments: