Saturday, September 22, 2007

Ben and Sue Day 5

DAY 5, Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Before I write my daily journal tonight I feel compelled to reflect upon this most important day in America's history -- a day when I am especially joyous to be an American -- still a Christian nation ruled by a Mighty God!  I am thankful that the ravages of war are not fought on America's soil.

. . . It's been a long day today.  I woke up with a very sore throat and was hardly able to talk.  Got dressed the best I could and Ben drove me to the Urgent Care Clinic at the Butte, Montana Hospital.  I was able to see a doctor rather quickly and after a lab test he diagnosed that I had strep throat.   He gave me antibiotics and gargle and sent us on our merry way.  I've been taking the medicine through the day and feel a bit better already.  We drove today from Butte, Montana to a town just outside Yellowstone National Park.  Most of the day was taken up with driving -- once again hundreds of miles of gently rolling hills -- very scenic.  The names I saw today were:  Duck Creek, Cougar Pond and Rainbow Point.  I was so thankful tonight when Ben went for a walk while I was napping and met a man and his wife who also grew up in Maryland.  So Ben was able to talk with them for quite a  long time.  Glory glory hallelujah!  We found  an Internet Cafe and were able to send out Day 1 and Day 2.  I think between Ben and I and help along the way we have it figured out now -- hopefully.     

Next time I'll tell you about our tour of Yellowstone.

Love, Ben and Sue

No comments: