Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Ben and Sue Day 14

Day 14, Thursday, September 20, 2007

. . . My goodness -- I slept till 11:30 today!  felt so good just to lay in bed and relax -- it's probably been years since I have slept so late and it surely was nice!  Ben and I went with Bev to see the PACE car for the Newton Speedway.  Ben really enjoyed seeing the car and talking to its owner.  Then we came home and rested a little while and then Jeff and Bev took us to dinner -- a lovely steak dinner -- delicious!  I can hardly describe how beautiful the weather and fellowship is here.  Warm and sunny -- a gentle breeze blowing through.  I sat in the big yard this morning and spent some sweet time with God.  We bought a new comuputer this evening.  Over and over again I keep thinking how relaxing and really enjoyable our time here is.  I went with Bev for a while -- she  cleaned a  friend's house.  Bev suggested I sit on the couch and enjoy some leisurely magazine reading.   I sat inside for a while then went out on the deck -- oh my goodness -- before my eyes as far as I could see were beautifully manicured gently rolling hills -- a lake -- the sound of geese.  I just sat out there drinking all that in!  How beautiful God's world is!   When we said goodby and started to leave Bev's friend gave me the most lovely scented candle as a gift -- how sweet it is to receive a totally unexpected gift.

No comments: