Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Ben and Sue Day 33

Tuesday, October 9, 2007, Day 33

. . . Today was kind of a quiet catch up day.  We are a little more than half way thru our trip now and our trailer needed a bit of tidying up and re-organizing.   So many kind people have given us lovely gifts and we have bought some things we wanted for ourselves along the way plus we had an avalanch of pamphlets and travel brochures from everywhere  we have been.  Oh yes, I forgot to mention garage sales -- we have been to 2 or 3 garage sales -- fun!  So I spent a good amount of time getting our trailer squared away this morning.

. . .My sweet sister Kathy was able to make an appointment for me to have my hair trimmed a bit where she usually gets her hair trimmed.  When we were sitting in the waiting room waiting for the hairdresser to come -- her tiny black poodle jumped up in my lap and was wiggling/moving to beat the band.  But after just a couple of minutes he laid down in my lap and was quiet and I was able to pet him.  I kind of miss our dogs.

. . Okay, so let's see. . I spent a fair amount of time today writing out postcards and was so happy to have  time to do that.

. . .Ben and Jeff visited the D-Day Memorial there in Lynchburg and Ben just enjoyed being with Jeff.

. . . In the evening Kathy and Jeff showed me all around Liberty Baptist Church and school where she teaches.  The buildings are huge and there seemed to be dozens and dozens of classrooms.  The church sanctuary was quite beautiful -- the choir was practicing just as we looked in.  Jeff said  there were about 300 voices in the choir -- must certainly sound beautiful indeed.  The school and college campus along with the church must cover a mile of land -- truly vast.  Both the church and school seemed very inviting -- lots of places to study, to sit and talk with a friend, or just to sit and be alone -- very relaxing atmosphere.  Kathy was telling me that the school is growing by leaps and bounds - if I remember correctly she said this year that had over 500 new students.  Even young people from foreign lands come to finish high school at Liberty and there is hope to build dorm rooms so they can have a boarding school for these foreign students. 

. . .Jeff and Kat and I went to their daughter-in-law Yvonne's for dinner.  She prepared a very delicious meal for us  which included home made pie and ice cream  which I thoroughly enjoyed.  Was fun to see ny neices Angela and Alanis again and  to meet their brother Aiden -- first time I have ever met him.  Ben was not feeling well so he stayed at home.  Would appreciate your prayers for him as he seems to be suffering from more pain than is usual.  

No comments: