Friday, October 26, 2007

Ben and Sue Day 48

Wednesday, Octobrt 24, 2007, Day 48

. . . Ben and I were sitting in Dennys this morning enjoying breakfast and I was  remembering back to yesterday when we had breakfast.  Yesterday we were at the Crackeer Barrell (our favorite restrurant here in the south) and breakfast was rather disasterous for me.  First of all I asked for tea and the waitress brought me both a cup of hot water and a small silver picture of hot water and I put the tea bag in the small pitcher instead of in the cup so I had to ask for another tea bag.  Then, when my pancakes came (pecan -- yum yum)  I wasn't thinking very clearly and thought the little silver pitcher of tea was the maple syrup so I poured a bunch of tea on my pancakes before I figured it out.  After breakfast I went into the rest room and when I was washing my hands there was a pretty bottle of soap there -- so I took a couple of squirts and started washing my hands.  But there was no suds at all.  So I looked back at the bottle and  turns out it was lotion and not soap as I thought.   The soap dispenser was mounted to the wall.  It's important to know how to navigate planet earth!

. . . Today I had cream of brocolli soup for lunch -- my absolute favorite.

. . . Let's see. . . today was mostly taken up with driving.  We drove from Las Cruces, New Mexico to  Benson Arizona.  Not much  exciting happened.  Finally got my spell check to work -- had to fugure out how to change the default Internet Explorer setting to allow pop-ups because for some very strange reason which I don't understand at all -- pop-ups and spell check and somehow connected on the computer and one cannot use spell check without allowing pop-ups.  Maybe it was some kind of compromise between the advertising engineers who obviously want customers to see their ads but which the Internet Explorer people know are aggravating and don't want to allow them AND the spell check engineeers who know everyone wants and needs spell check.  If if sounds like I know what I am talking about -- I really do not.  Took me about three hours to figure all this out.  The long and short of it is -- if there are any more misspelled words it's not my fault anymore.  (Update:  I wrote  this in my journal last evening when spell check was finally working.  Tonight spell check is no longer working so the spelling errors are my mistake once again until I figure it out again.  I didn't change any settings or anything so why spell check worked last night and does not work now is a greaty MYSTERY!)

Ben and I stopped quite early this evening -- about 3 o'clock.  I was able to take a lovely nap and after dinner we went and soaked in the hot tub together -- very relaxing.

Sue     

No comments: