Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Ben and Sue Day 34

Wednesday, October 10, 2007, Day 34

. . . Had to say a tearful goodby to my sister Kathy today as she headed off to school to teach her  students U. S. Government.  This time when I visited her she would not let me help her correct her students' papers.  She said last time I was there I pleaded with her to  let me write little notes on the papers such as "good job" and "very nice work" and she would not let me do it because "Sue, these are advanced high school seniors that I teach -- not elementary sudents."  So she would not let me help her correct the papers but she did let me read some of them and I was quite surprised because I'm sure when I was in 12th grade I knew a whole lot more than those students know! 

. . . Wow -- how much I miss here already.  Jeff was so kind to stay and help us finish up hooking up the 5th wheel and getting on the road.  We had AAA make up a trip ticket for us before we left -- but we have altered our original plans so much by now that the  trip ticket is of little use any more.  Jeff studied the map last evening and worked out a good route for us and wrote it all down which was very helpful indeed.

. . .Most of today was taken up with driving.  We drove from Lynchburg, Virginia to Bristol Tennessee.  I am incredibly happy/excited for Ben because tomorrow we are going to stop and tour the Bristol Speedway -- a huge and somewhat famous speedway -- we are only 12 miles away.  It would be SO cool if Ben could actually race around  the track -- not sure but much in hope -- will let you know.

. . . We must have been very tired because  we stopped at 4PM at the KOA in Bristol -- hooked up to water  and electric and came inside to take a nap -- which lasted till 8PM!  When we woke up we enjoyed some delicious enchiladas that Kathy had given us.  That was so wonderful because neither one of us felt like going out to a restaurant once we settled in and then also I did not have to cook -- worked out perfectly!

. . .Saw one cute country sign today just north of Bristol "Farmer Brown Lane". 

No comments: