Friday, October 19, 2007

Ben and Sue Day 41

Wednesday, Octoberv 17, 2007, Day 41

During our  trip I have been trying all different kinds of styles for my hair because I know that even if my hair turns out awful, the chances that I will meet someone I know thru the day are pretty slim.  Today I used LOTS of hairspray which I never use at home.  After only a short time outside today it started to pour down rain.  My hair was sticking together just fine but it was sticking together in all the wrong places and all the wrong ways.  It was sticking straight out in places. 

It was in this condition that I went into the UPS store.  All along the way I have been collecting little gifts to send off to a friend.  We saw a UPS store and thought that would be an excellent to mail off the box.  Now if I was at home I would have gathered all the stuff, put it in a box, taped the box and had it addressed BEFORE bringing it to UPS.  I would have gone in, put it on the counter, they would have weighed it, I would have paid for it and been out of there in five minutes.  That's what I wanted to do -- go into UPS, get the right size box and packing but supplies and go back to the truck to put it all together. 

But Ben thought it would be better to gather all the stuff and walk into UPS and put it in the box there.  No big deal I guess except for my ridiculous sticking out hair!

So we did end up bringing all the stuff into the store, packing it there, and mailed it off.  They were very helpful and the box is finally off.  It's really important to know how to navigatge planet earth!

When we came out of Wall Mart today the security guard drove up beside us as we were putting our stuff in the trailer and said "Folks, I just wanted you to know this area of Louisiana  has just been put under a tornado watch so just to let you know to be safe and  drive carefully."  A tornado watch??!! Yikes!!  I was scared half to death and it took me a little while to stop shaking.  The rain was pouring down for a couple of hours after that -- hard for Ben to drive.  But we made it to a lovely campsite in Lindman, Texas -- Whispering Pines.  The tornado was following us because even now as I write (11PM) the winds are shaking the trailer.  One never knows what each day will bring.

After dinner this evening -- by the way I LOVE cooking with gas instead of electirc -- we went to the hot tub and soaked there for a a long while -- was most pleasant.  Ben stayed in the hot tub longer and talked to another couple about our age who were vacationing in an RV also.  I got out after a while -- 'twas dark by now -- and sat by  the swimming pool.  Nearly 8PM and still 75 -- 80 degrees outside -- nice.  

 

No comments: